Thursday, October 23, 2008

motivation

I'm notorious for procrastination. I read a psych article about it, and the reason why most people procrastinate is because whatever they're putting off gives no immediate reward. Often it involves something they don't really want to do, like work.
I often skip class if I "don't feel like going." sometimes, something important is going on so i force myself to go. Today, I drove to LLCC for my drawing class. As I'm in the parking lot, I'm watching this girl carry a portfolio in the rain, and i think "Shit! I don't have anything to carry my drawing pad in!" So I turn around and go home. Eh, wasted a little gas, but I saved my artwork.

speaking of wasting gas, and wasting time, I got caught for speeding again last night, going into chatham. I'd just gotten a ticket friday going 84 on the highway. Fortunately this cop just gave me a written warning, but if I get another within a year, my license is suspended. poop. Anyway, wes was showing me how i really only save like 14s doing 85 instead of 65.. and like 6s doing 54 in a 40 like i was last night. poop again. i was arguing that the 14 s could make the difference whether I get stuck at a light or not.
anyway, i gotta slow down. I owe the state $75 now, and it was almost $90 had it been 1mph more. I wish that was tax deductible...

aaaaand, one more on the note of gas prices (other than that theyre down!) is that i think by drinking instead of smoking, im saving a lot of $$. I already saved 20-30$ last week by not re stocking. and since you cant drink and drive, that saves gas by not cruizing. and I'm not the one who buys it :P lol, well i dont pay for all of it at least. In fact, we havent bought any since the summer. We almost did over the weekend, we were walking to the checkout with some peach vodka or somethin and wes is like "I dont have my wallet..." but we had plenty in the freezer, I just wanted somethin different. He couldnt find it when we got back to his house either. He asked his mom the next day, and apparently it was behind the microwave?? wat.?

No comments: